Skip to main content

Interview With Artist Smith Lee



1. Where are we talking from today?


A. Los Angeles.


2. Where did you get your artist name from?


A. The two counties I grew up in.  Smith County, Texas (Tyler, TX.), and Lee County, Fl. (Fort Myers, Fl.)  Essentially, the two places that helped formed the artist (and human) I am today.


3. Music wise what are you working on right now? Are you currently promoting a single or album?


A. I am currently working on writing, recording, and producing a full-length solo album from my own private studio.  It is very much still in the works, but it is my labor of love and the first time I have ever attempted to record all the pieces and produce my own songs.


4. Who or what were the most significant influences on your musical life and career?


A. I know it sounds cheesy, but I grew up in a house that was always alive with sound and music.  My mom always sang in the car and the first full-length album I remember knowing the words to was "Hell Freezes Over" by The Eagles.  The joy of loving any and all music and how it makes you feel and how it allows you to express is what influences me more than anything.  Both of my parents believe in challenging yourself to grow and fighting for what you believe in.  Neither of them is musicians and yet they love telling stories and performing (in their own ways).  For me, the music my parents listened to (and introduced me to) as a kid resonates to this day.  Songs like Etta James, The Eagles, Willy, Waylon, Texas Honky Tonk at its Finest, ZZ Top are all major draws and places of inspiration.  To the same token, I am inspired by sounds and possibilities that are outside my comfort zone.  Although I am working on a very solo project at the moment, the idea of working with and around other artists is one of the most thrilling things to me.  To see what they see and hear what they hear.  It changes your perspective.  It allows you to explore and create and learn and express all at the same time.


5. Who are your favorite musicians?


A. The Eagles, The Foo Fighters, Stevie Knicks, Fleetwood Mac, The Blues Travelers, Red Hot Chili Peppers, ANYTHING blues related, southern rock (especially the Honky Tonk stuff), anything with a story to its lyrics, Mo-Town...alright...it's fair to say that there's not a lot that I hate:)


6. What have been the greatest challenges/frustrations of your career so far?


A. I don't know that I consider it a negative, but learning myself and growing have been big challenges and great opportunities to explore as an artist.  Finding the confidence to trust my instincts and fight for what I want using the business knowledge and experience that I have has taken time (and a lot of disappointing relationships and choices) to get to this point.  And there's so much more I want to see and do!


7. As a musician, what is your definition of success?


A. Finding the right place and the right way (for you) to make a living creating art.   The rest is just icing on the cake.  Really delicious icing.  That sounds delightful.


8. What is your idea of perfect happiness?


A. Writing, Creating, and performing music with other amazing artists and learning from them.  Constantly.


9. What is your present state of mind?


A. Hopeful.....and a little sassy.


10. What is your most treasured possession?


A. It's not a what, it's a who (and yes, he'd kill me if he heard me call him a possession).  My best friend and partner in crime.


11. What do you enjoy doing most?


A. Creating.  It doesn't matter how.  Just creating.


12. Where would you like to be in 10 years’ time?


A. Still on a stage.  


13. Where you @ online?


www.instagram.com/smithleesound

Popular posts from this blog

Opportunities

Visit us at www.entirelypr.com Access more tools by visiting our hub page at  https://sites.google.com/site/thehubopensite/ Below is a current list of opportunities available for artist on various platforms.  Music X Ray   Emotional Singer/songwriter songs for new TV series  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/25017/submissions/new Skateboarding Film Seeks Rock and Punk Rock Songs - Synch Payout $1,000  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/24887/submissions/new Music Supervisor looking for Urban/Soul/Hip Hop songs for Urban TV Network Ad Campaign  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/24710/submissions/new Music Gorilla  Blue Track Records an indie label is looking for artists to cover Nelsen Adelard's songs https://www.musicgorilla.com/mg/submission/details/blue-track-records-an-indie-label-is-looking-for-artists-to-cover-nelsen-adelards-songs WDMV RADIO IS LOOKING FOR YOUR MUSIC https://www.musicgorilla.com/mg/subm...

Eminem "Revival" Album Review

The best and worst Eminem record I've ever heard.  Album Rating 3 out of 4.  Song Rating System 4 out of 4 - Really liked  3 out of 4 - Liked  2 out of 4 - Didn't like  1 out of 4 - No response  "Revival" is the ninth studio album by American rapper Eminem . The album was released on December 15th, 2017 through Aftermath Entertainment , Shady Records , and Interscope Records . ( Wikipedia )  1. Walk On Water ( feat. Beyonce ) - 4 out of 4 - Probably will go down as one of the most underrated of Eminem's hits. The song encompasses all of the talents and personalities of one of this generations greatest artist. Unlike some of his prior works, the song is not set on a grand stage but a simple piano-driven beat with raw, honest lyrics and a beautiful hook from Beyonce. 2. Believe - 2 out of 4 - It's interesting to hear Eminem switch it up and rap over more trap-like beats. Honestly, he does it better than most of the yo...

American Horror Story Cult Finale Blog

Written by Jasen Keplinger American Horror Story fans were either really happy or really disappointed with the season finale of AHS Cult. I personally enjoyed the finale and thought each character's story was wrapped up well. So let's explore the finale, dissect the plots and analyze their meanings. This finale was reminiscent of AHS Asylum's finale in the sense that time jumps forward and backward to explain the denouement of Kai (Evan Peters) while also bringing justice to each of the other characters. We start with Kai being in prison at the beginning of the episode. Right away we know his political plans were foiled, but how and why? We see Kai still has a following in prison including other inmates, as well as guards. Then we are sent into the past where Kai is still free and pursuing his lofty goals. Ally (Sarah Paulson) is still playing up to Kai while looking for an opening and planning his downfall. Winter's (Billie Lourd) character is sorely ...