Skip to main content

Artist Interview With Monique Sherrell Brown



1. Where are we talking from today?

A. Queens, New York. Born & raised.

2. What would you like to accomplish in 2019?

A. I’d like to develop a few of my songs that have been sitting on the shelf. But I have to admit I’m very blessed with this year's accomplishments. I won a 2019 LDM Award for “Wishing You The Best,” & the music video has been picked up by some channels and film festivals.

3. What is your take on politics?

A. I don’t speak politics :)

4. Where did you get your artist's name from?

A. My mom. God bless her soul. I decided to keep in my middle name because it’s a little less common.

5. Growing up, how important has music been in your life? Can you recall the moment when you decided that you wanted to be a musician? Was it an easy or difficult choice to make?

A. I’ve always had a passion for music. Every time I went to a concert I always wanted to be on stage. So when I got my funding, I decided to invest in my passion. I love telling a story and connecting with the audience.

6. Was there ever a time when you thought about doing something else? If you weren’t a musician today, what could you see yourself doing?

A. A novelist. I love creating stories and letting the world know.

7. What has been the biggest surprise so far about making music your career? What has been an unexpected or welcome challenge to it all?

A. Working with creative folks is tough. It’s not like a normal 9-5 job. You have to get the best out of a person artistically and need to make sure they are in their comfort zone. You also have to love it. You may not make money off it or get notoriety right away or ever, so be sure you’re in it for the right reasons.

8. What was it like putting together your EP?

A. A lot of work, patience, and passion. It took several months to complete and I had my doubts, but fortunately, I had the right support system. The result was well worth it!

9. Who are some of your favorite artists or rather, what musicians have continued to inspire you and your music? Who would you still love to work with in the future?

A. I love Beth Hart, Prince, Stephanie Mills, Buddy Guy, Chaka Khan, Chris Cornell, Nirvana, Bonnie Raitt. My tastes vary & so do my genres. I would love the opportunity to work with Bonnie Raitt, Beth Hart & Buddy Guy.

10. What has it been like keeping up with your social media accounts and all of the different platforms? Is it hard to stay up to date on it all? What would you say is your favorite way to connect with your fans now?

A. It’s tough to keep up when you have a lot going on. I try to thank & promote everyone who supports my music. Sometimes it’ll take me a day or two to catch up, but I usually get there.

11. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island, what musical item would you take with you and why?

A. Whiskey (for creative juices).

12. If your music was going to be featured on any TV show that is currently on right now, which would you love it to be on? Or if you prefer, what is a movie that you love that you wish your music was featured in?

A. I’d love for my song “Quarter Past” to be featured in the upcoming remake feature “Uptown Saturday Night.” The song has a smooth Harlem Nightclub vibe and I think would fit perfectly

13. At the end of the day, what do you hope people take away from your music?

A. I hope they will get the story and maybe dance a little.

14. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?

A. Listening to music, watching movies or episodes of Family Guy or The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.

15. Where you @ online? Apple Music, Pandora, iTunes
Social Media:

https://moniquesbrown.bandcamp.com/music

https://soundcloud.com/user-10812304

https://moniquesherrellbrown.com

https://www.facebook.com/moniquesherrellbrown

https://www.instagram.com/moniquesherrellbrown

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-dXdtozTj7jk9_tOReGrMw



Popular posts from this blog

Eminem "Revival" Album Review

The best and worst Eminem record I've ever heard.  Album Rating 3 out of 4.  Song Rating System 4 out of 4 - Really liked  3 out of 4 - Liked  2 out of 4 - Didn't like  1 out of 4 - No response  "Revival" is the ninth studio album by American rapper Eminem . The album was released on December 15th, 2017 through Aftermath Entertainment , Shady Records , and Interscope Records . ( Wikipedia )  1. Walk On Water ( feat. Beyonce ) - 4 out of 4 - Probably will go down as one of the most underrated of Eminem's hits. The song encompasses all of the talents and personalities of one of this generations greatest artist. Unlike some of his prior works, the song is not set on a grand stage but a simple piano-driven beat with raw, honest lyrics and a beautiful hook from Beyonce. 2. Believe - 2 out of 4 - It's interesting to hear Eminem switch it up and rap over more trap-like beats. Honestly, he does it better than most of the yo...

Opportunities

Visit us at www.entirelypr.com Access more tools by visiting our hub page at  https://sites.google.com/site/thehubopensite/ Below is a current list of opportunities available for artist on various platforms.  Music X Ray   Emotional Singer/songwriter songs for new TV series  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/25017/submissions/new Skateboarding Film Seeks Rock and Punk Rock Songs - Synch Payout $1,000  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/24887/submissions/new Music Supervisor looking for Urban/Soul/Hip Hop songs for Urban TV Network Ad Campaign  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/24710/submissions/new Music Gorilla  Blue Track Records an indie label is looking for artists to cover Nelsen Adelard's songs https://www.musicgorilla.com/mg/submission/details/blue-track-records-an-indie-label-is-looking-for-artists-to-cover-nelsen-adelards-songs WDMV RADIO IS LOOKING FOR YOUR MUSIC https://www.musicgorilla.com/mg/subm...

American Horror Story Cult Finale Blog

Written by Jasen Keplinger American Horror Story fans were either really happy or really disappointed with the season finale of AHS Cult. I personally enjoyed the finale and thought each character's story was wrapped up well. So let's explore the finale, dissect the plots and analyze their meanings. This finale was reminiscent of AHS Asylum's finale in the sense that time jumps forward and backward to explain the denouement of Kai (Evan Peters) while also bringing justice to each of the other characters. We start with Kai being in prison at the beginning of the episode. Right away we know his political plans were foiled, but how and why? We see Kai still has a following in prison including other inmates, as well as guards. Then we are sent into the past where Kai is still free and pursuing his lofty goals. Ally (Sarah Paulson) is still playing up to Kai while looking for an opening and planning his downfall. Winter's (Billie Lourd) character is sorely ...