Skip to main content

Interview With Joe The Bluesman




1. Where are we talking from today?

 I am Joe The Bluesman, based out of Las Vegas NV but am currently in the Little Rock area. I am retired from my career in construction management and now travel the USA in my RV.
This has the upside of being mobile, but can be limiting on committing to some music opportunities.

2. How did you get involved in music?

 I have been aware of music as long as I remember. I remember when I was a little kid on our family vacation in the car and being the one to choose the radio station. Back then a kid could be in the back seat and lean over to the radio on the dash...no seat belts or anything!  But somewhere around like the third grade, I started playing the violin, back when schools had music programs.  I played orchestra stuff until I was a teen, and discovered rock n roll. I moved on to drums, did that in drum and bugle corps and the sort. I was never very good so I went onto the guitar when I was about 14 or so. After 14 it was on to playing in bands, I grew up in Huntington Beach so we played the SoCal venues. Like so many young musicians I grew up and I got married raised kids, I did not do anything musically for more than two decades! About the year 2000, I bought a strat and a small marshall and have been growing musically ever since. It was 3 years ago, on my 60th birthday that I made the decision to make music my main endeavor, putting the day job behind me.

3. Can you describe your music?

 My originals are generally blues based. But,...blues is a wide genre, so not all of my originals fall into the standard 12 bar and chord progression. I have originals that have been heavily inspired by Coltrane as well as Roxy Music. In my shows, I play a few known standards, but I play them in a bit of an excited attitude, a bit rushed and a bit of overdrive! The songs I am currently composing are very much country based. I wonder if Arkansas is rubbing off on this city boy a bit. I expect to have a set of new material out of a Little Rock studio soon. As I noted, traveling as I do limits my ability to commit to bands and the like. So I have developed one-man electric blues show. There are some rock, some blues ballads and the like. I am a quick set up and strick, so I like to illustrate that I am a great fill-in or warm up a show. I have the material for a full show as well.

4. Music wise, what are you working on?

 As I noted, the songs that I am noodling on right now have a country almost Hank Williams inspired sound, which is unusual for me. I play electric guitar always trough tube amps with a vintage sound with a bit of distortion, so country is not my sound, but that is what I keep playing these days! Currently, I am working on more gigs in the Little Rock area. I will be in Memphis for a while then Nashville, so I am looking for gigs there as well. Then I'll be settling in the Cincinnati area for a couple of months. I'm expecting the new music will help land more gigs in the near future.

5. What would you like to say to your fans and the world?

 First, of course, THANK YOU. It is interesting, I have more fans outside of the USA than domestic!  I think that is a case of the lack of exposure blues has in the media. The solution is for folks to get out to see more live music. Certainly, I would like to have everyone come check out my show, listen to my tunes, but most of all let's all get out and support live music.

The music I have online now is older but most are still part of my live show. Most of what is online I recorded live so it has sketchy quality! I am a better musician than an engineer, lol. There is a14-second delay on Sea of Loneliness (a song recorded in my pre-family rea circa 1984)

www.reverbnation.com/joethebluesman

www.youtube.com/joethebluesman

www.facebook.com/joethebluesman







EPR Artists Radio

Popular posts from this blog

Eminem "Revival" Album Review

The best and worst Eminem record I've ever heard.  Album Rating 3 out of 4.  Song Rating System 4 out of 4 - Really liked  3 out of 4 - Liked  2 out of 4 - Didn't like  1 out of 4 - No response  "Revival" is the ninth studio album by American rapper Eminem . The album was released on December 15th, 2017 through Aftermath Entertainment , Shady Records , and Interscope Records . ( Wikipedia )  1. Walk On Water ( feat. Beyonce ) - 4 out of 4 - Probably will go down as one of the most underrated of Eminem's hits. The song encompasses all of the talents and personalities of one of this generations greatest artist. Unlike some of his prior works, the song is not set on a grand stage but a simple piano-driven beat with raw, honest lyrics and a beautiful hook from Beyonce. 2. Believe - 2 out of 4 - It's interesting to hear Eminem switch it up and rap over more trap-like beats. Honestly, he does it better than most of the yo...

Opportunities

Visit us at www.entirelypr.com Access more tools by visiting our hub page at  https://sites.google.com/site/thehubopensite/ Below is a current list of opportunities available for artist on various platforms.  Music X Ray   Emotional Singer/songwriter songs for new TV series  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/25017/submissions/new Skateboarding Film Seeks Rock and Punk Rock Songs - Synch Payout $1,000  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/24887/submissions/new Music Supervisor looking for Urban/Soul/Hip Hop songs for Urban TV Network Ad Campaign  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/24710/submissions/new Music Gorilla  Blue Track Records an indie label is looking for artists to cover Nelsen Adelard's songs https://www.musicgorilla.com/mg/submission/details/blue-track-records-an-indie-label-is-looking-for-artists-to-cover-nelsen-adelards-songs WDMV RADIO IS LOOKING FOR YOUR MUSIC https://www.musicgorilla.com/mg/subm...

American Horror Story Cult Finale Blog

Written by Jasen Keplinger American Horror Story fans were either really happy or really disappointed with the season finale of AHS Cult. I personally enjoyed the finale and thought each character's story was wrapped up well. So let's explore the finale, dissect the plots and analyze their meanings. This finale was reminiscent of AHS Asylum's finale in the sense that time jumps forward and backward to explain the denouement of Kai (Evan Peters) while also bringing justice to each of the other characters. We start with Kai being in prison at the beginning of the episode. Right away we know his political plans were foiled, but how and why? We see Kai still has a following in prison including other inmates, as well as guards. Then we are sent into the past where Kai is still free and pursuing his lofty goals. Ally (Sarah Paulson) is still playing up to Kai while looking for an opening and planning his downfall. Winter's (Billie Lourd) character is sorely ...