Skip to main content

Awesome Interview With LA Johnson



1. Where are we talking from today?

A. Home, Lancaster, California. 

2. What would you like to accomplish in 2019?

A. I would like to finish my album so the world can hear and possibly find a label home.

3. What is your take on politics?

A. I believe if your not a politician it should be table talk.

4. Where did you get your artist name from?

A. My artist name comes from my real name. Larry Johnson = LA Johnson.

5. Growing up, how important has music been in your life? Can you recall the moment when you decided that you wanted to be a musician? Was it an easy or difficult choice to make?

A. Growing up music has always been a part of my upbringing. My mom used to stay up at night and record her blues and r&b on cassette tapes. When I found out how to record I use to get in trouble for recording hip hop over her blues cassettes. I really started taking music seriously when I was a juvenile. I use to compete in talent shows and that’s really where I had my first show. At the time it was an easy choice because it made my time past fast because I was writing a lot.

6. Was there ever a time when you thought about doing something else? If you weren’t a musician today, what could you see yourself doing?

A. No, all my life I wanted to do music. I was at a bad time in my life when I was mad at the music because I wasn’t where I wanted to be or not making money from it and I tried to give it up but I couldn’t. I would hear a tune or a beat and end up humming or writing lyrics. In elementary, the firefighters came to my school and took me onto the fire truck and I loved it. If I wasn’t a musician I could see myself being a firefighter. 

7. What has been the biggest surprise so far about making music your career? What has been an unexpected or welcome challenge to it all?

A. No surprises so far. Raising a family and working a 9 to 5 while trying to complete this album.

8. What was it like putting together your EP?

A. Putting together this album has been exciting and a proud moment. I am trying to wrap it up but I am steady adding songs.

9. Who are some of your favorite artists or rather, what musicians have continued to inspire you and your music? Who would you absolutely still love to work within the future?

A. Some of my favorite artists dead or alive is Tupac, Eminem, UGK, Tech Nine, Hopsin, OutKast, Eightball and MJG, Crucial Konflict, Twista and many many more. I still would love to work with all the ones above including T.I, Ludacris, Nelly, OT Genesis, Jeezy, Nas, and Jay Cole. 

10. What has it been like keeping up with your social media accounts and all of the different platforms? Is it hard to stay up to date on it all? What would you say is your favorite way to connect with your fans now?

A. It has been overwhelming trying to keep up with all the different social media accounts but I do what I can. My favorite way to connect with my fans is going live on IG or Facebook. Also posting snippets of my shows on YouTube. If any of my fans leave a comment I will respond. Without the fans, there is no artist.

11. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island, what musical item would you take with you and why? 

A. Lol. This is a good one. I usually carry my USB drive with a lot of my music on it but I also have it on my phone so I would just take my phone and my charger.

12. If your music was going to be featured on any TV show that is currently on right now, which would you love it to be on? Or if you prefer, what is a movie that you love that you wish your music was featured in?

A. I could hear my music on Power or the show on HBO called Ballers. I would’ve loved to hear my music in 8 Mile, Get Rich or Die Trying or some of the Fast & The Furious movies.

13. At the end of the day, what do you hope people take away from your music?

A. I want people to hear my story. I want them to hear the passion, pain and the love I put into my lyrics. I want them to close their eyes and visualize what they hear whether it be a club song or a struggle song.

14. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?

A. When I’m not making music I love to listen to music. Watch music documentaries or just relax having a good time. I also love to cook. I can throw down in the kitchen and on the grill. 

15.  Where you @ online

https://youtu.be/5aFyJ7hphd0

https://www.youtube.com/user/Trigga1muzic 

https://www.instagram.com/la.johnson/   

https://www.facebook.com/Triggathe1/  

https://twitter.com/TRIGGATHE1   




Popular posts from this blog

Eminem "Revival" Album Review

The best and worst Eminem record I've ever heard.  Album Rating 3 out of 4.  Song Rating System 4 out of 4 - Really liked  3 out of 4 - Liked  2 out of 4 - Didn't like  1 out of 4 - No response  "Revival" is the ninth studio album by American rapper Eminem . The album was released on December 15th, 2017 through Aftermath Entertainment , Shady Records , and Interscope Records . ( Wikipedia )  1. Walk On Water ( feat. Beyonce ) - 4 out of 4 - Probably will go down as one of the most underrated of Eminem's hits. The song encompasses all of the talents and personalities of one of this generations greatest artist. Unlike some of his prior works, the song is not set on a grand stage but a simple piano-driven beat with raw, honest lyrics and a beautiful hook from Beyonce. 2. Believe - 2 out of 4 - It's interesting to hear Eminem switch it up and rap over more trap-like beats. Honestly, he does it better than most of the yo...

Opportunities

Visit us at www.entirelypr.com Access more tools by visiting our hub page at  https://sites.google.com/site/thehubopensite/ Below is a current list of opportunities available for artist on various platforms.  Music X Ray   Emotional Singer/songwriter songs for new TV series  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/25017/submissions/new Skateboarding Film Seeks Rock and Punk Rock Songs - Synch Payout $1,000  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/24887/submissions/new Music Supervisor looking for Urban/Soul/Hip Hop songs for Urban TV Network Ad Campaign  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/24710/submissions/new Music Gorilla  Blue Track Records an indie label is looking for artists to cover Nelsen Adelard's songs https://www.musicgorilla.com/mg/submission/details/blue-track-records-an-indie-label-is-looking-for-artists-to-cover-nelsen-adelards-songs WDMV RADIO IS LOOKING FOR YOUR MUSIC https://www.musicgorilla.com/mg/subm...

American Horror Story Cult Finale Blog

Written by Jasen Keplinger American Horror Story fans were either really happy or really disappointed with the season finale of AHS Cult. I personally enjoyed the finale and thought each character's story was wrapped up well. So let's explore the finale, dissect the plots and analyze their meanings. This finale was reminiscent of AHS Asylum's finale in the sense that time jumps forward and backward to explain the denouement of Kai (Evan Peters) while also bringing justice to each of the other characters. We start with Kai being in prison at the beginning of the episode. Right away we know his political plans were foiled, but how and why? We see Kai still has a following in prison including other inmates, as well as guards. Then we are sent into the past where Kai is still free and pursuing his lofty goals. Ally (Sarah Paulson) is still playing up to Kai while looking for an opening and planning his downfall. Winter's (Billie Lourd) character is sorely ...