Skip to main content

Q&A With Michael Herrick



1. Where are we talking from today?

A. Currently residing in Sacramento, CA

2. Where did you get your artist name from?

A. I’m just using my real name.  I’ve never found an artist name that I really liked, so I just stuck with my real name.

3. Music wise what are you working on right now? Are you currently promoting a single or album?

A. Currently, have a few open projects just awaiting vocals, but I’m always in the studio working on something new.  Just dropped a new single today, so I’ll be promoting the hell out of that until my next release in July!

4. Who or what were the most significant influences on your musical life and career?

A. I think my sound is heavily influenced by the pop-punk bands of the 2000s, especially blink-182.  I think my tracks have a bouncy, happy sound reminiscent of that type of music.  As far as EDM type music goes, I draw heavily from Porter Robinson and Flume.

5. Who are your favorite musicians?

A. Right now, I’m a huge fan of Porter Robinson, Flume, Droeloe, San Holo, Madeon, Kacey Musgraves, Ariana Grande, and Cardi B.

6. What have been the greatest challenges/frustrations of your career so far?

A. Getting my music heard has been the most frustrating part.  It's hard to get people to actually take action and listen to a song.

7. As a musician, what is your definition of success?

A. My definition of success is probably a lot different than other musicians, but I would just love my music to be recognized and admired by fellow producers and artists.

8. What is your idea of perfect happiness?

A. I love having a goal to work toward, the pursuit of a goal makes me happy.  If I don’t have that, then I’m lost.

9. What is your present state of mind?

A. Currently feeling really happy and excited, got a lot of new music coming this year and it's feeling like summer, so just in a good mood.

10. What is your most treasured possession?

A. Just bought a new Taylor Guitar after having a cheap guitar for a long time.  I really love playing that thing, I’m obsessed. 

11. What do you enjoy doing most?

A. I just love producing.  Coming up with some cool chords, a fun melody, some cool drums.  There is no better feeling than making a song that you’re in love with.

12. Where would you like to be in 10 years’ time?

A. I would love to be doing music full time in an awesome home studio.  Right now, I’m working full time as a mechanical engineer, and doing music in my bedroom at night and on the weekends.  So my goal is to quit my day job and have a real studio.

13. Where you @ online?

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/192DHkGYKI8ISOe1C3KIQr

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/michaelherrick_music/

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/michaelherrickmusic

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/michaelherrickmusic

Popular posts from this blog

Eminem "Revival" Album Review

The best and worst Eminem record I've ever heard.  Album Rating 3 out of 4.  Song Rating System 4 out of 4 - Really liked  3 out of 4 - Liked  2 out of 4 - Didn't like  1 out of 4 - No response  "Revival" is the ninth studio album by American rapper Eminem . The album was released on December 15th, 2017 through Aftermath Entertainment , Shady Records , and Interscope Records . ( Wikipedia )  1. Walk On Water ( feat. Beyonce ) - 4 out of 4 - Probably will go down as one of the most underrated of Eminem's hits. The song encompasses all of the talents and personalities of one of this generations greatest artist. Unlike some of his prior works, the song is not set on a grand stage but a simple piano-driven beat with raw, honest lyrics and a beautiful hook from Beyonce. 2. Believe - 2 out of 4 - It's interesting to hear Eminem switch it up and rap over more trap-like beats. Honestly, he does it better than most of the yo...

Opportunities

Visit us at www.entirelypr.com Access more tools by visiting our hub page at  https://sites.google.com/site/thehubopensite/ Below is a current list of opportunities available for artist on various platforms.  Music X Ray   Emotional Singer/songwriter songs for new TV series  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/25017/submissions/new Skateboarding Film Seeks Rock and Punk Rock Songs - Synch Payout $1,000  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/24887/submissions/new Music Supervisor looking for Urban/Soul/Hip Hop songs for Urban TV Network Ad Campaign  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/24710/submissions/new Music Gorilla  Blue Track Records an indie label is looking for artists to cover Nelsen Adelard's songs https://www.musicgorilla.com/mg/submission/details/blue-track-records-an-indie-label-is-looking-for-artists-to-cover-nelsen-adelards-songs WDMV RADIO IS LOOKING FOR YOUR MUSIC https://www.musicgorilla.com/mg/subm...

American Horror Story Cult Finale Blog

Written by Jasen Keplinger American Horror Story fans were either really happy or really disappointed with the season finale of AHS Cult. I personally enjoyed the finale and thought each character's story was wrapped up well. So let's explore the finale, dissect the plots and analyze their meanings. This finale was reminiscent of AHS Asylum's finale in the sense that time jumps forward and backward to explain the denouement of Kai (Evan Peters) while also bringing justice to each of the other characters. We start with Kai being in prison at the beginning of the episode. Right away we know his political plans were foiled, but how and why? We see Kai still has a following in prison including other inmates, as well as guards. Then we are sent into the past where Kai is still free and pursuing his lofty goals. Ally (Sarah Paulson) is still playing up to Kai while looking for an opening and planning his downfall. Winter's (Billie Lourd) character is sorely ...