Skip to main content

Q&A With Swevens




1. Where are we talking from today?

A. Los Angeles, California.

2. What would you like to accomplish in 2019?

A. Release an album.

3. What is your take on politics?

A. Actively involved progressive social democrat.

4. Where did you get your artist name from?

A. Dictionary.

5. Growing up, how important has music been in your life? Can you recall the moment when you decided that you wanted to be a musician? Was it an easy or difficult choice to make?

A. Music has always been my number one passion and I knew since about the 6th grade, music chose me!

6. Was there ever a time when you thought about doing something else? If you weren't a musician today, what could you see yourself doing?

A. Not really, maybe a weather forecaster.

7. What has been the biggest surprise so far about making music your career? What has been an unexpected or welcome challenge to it all?

A. That I would have continuous new, original musical ideas. Finding a steady income.

8. What was it like putting together your EP?

A. I record at home in my kitchen with a computer. My approach to recording is kinda like making a painting, start with a chord sketch and then fill in the colors.

9. Who are some of your favorite artists or rather, what musicians have continued to inspire you and your music? Who would you absolutely still love to work within the future?

A. I generally enjoy the likes of british/euro indie pop/rock artist and groups. I would like to work with Neil Hannon of The Divine Comedy.

10. What has it been like keeping up with your social media accounts and all of the different platforms? Is it hard to stay up to date on it all? What would you say is your favorite way to connect with your fans now?

A. I have found Twitter to be my favorite and most navigable platform. I visit several times a day. I have 3,500+ followers and increasing every day.

11. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island, what musical item would you take with you and why?

A. Assuming electricity would not be an option, my acoustic guitar.

12. If your music was going to be featured on any TV show that is currently on right now, which would you love it to be on? Or if you prefer, what is a movie that you love that you wish your music was featured in?

A. I have two different singles about dogs("The Little Dog Knows" and "Digging") so any TV show or film with that subject matter.

13. At the end of the day, what do you hope people take away from your music?

A. Inspiration and a smile!

14. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?

A. Listening to new music, nature, bicycling, hiking, listening progressive talk shows.

15.  Where you @ online?

Website:

www.swevensongs.com

Twitter: Swevens@Swevensongs





Popular posts from this blog

Eminem "Revival" Album Review

The best and worst Eminem record I've ever heard.  Album Rating 3 out of 4.  Song Rating System 4 out of 4 - Really liked  3 out of 4 - Liked  2 out of 4 - Didn't like  1 out of 4 - No response  "Revival" is the ninth studio album by American rapper Eminem . The album was released on December 15th, 2017 through Aftermath Entertainment , Shady Records , and Interscope Records . ( Wikipedia )  1. Walk On Water ( feat. Beyonce ) - 4 out of 4 - Probably will go down as one of the most underrated of Eminem's hits. The song encompasses all of the talents and personalities of one of this generations greatest artist. Unlike some of his prior works, the song is not set on a grand stage but a simple piano-driven beat with raw, honest lyrics and a beautiful hook from Beyonce. 2. Believe - 2 out of 4 - It's interesting to hear Eminem switch it up and rap over more trap-like beats. Honestly, he does it better than most of the yo...

American Horror Story Cult Finale Blog

Written by Jasen Keplinger American Horror Story fans were either really happy or really disappointed with the season finale of AHS Cult. I personally enjoyed the finale and thought each character's story was wrapped up well. So let's explore the finale, dissect the plots and analyze their meanings. This finale was reminiscent of AHS Asylum's finale in the sense that time jumps forward and backward to explain the denouement of Kai (Evan Peters) while also bringing justice to each of the other characters. We start with Kai being in prison at the beginning of the episode. Right away we know his political plans were foiled, but how and why? We see Kai still has a following in prison including other inmates, as well as guards. Then we are sent into the past where Kai is still free and pursuing his lofty goals. Ally (Sarah Paulson) is still playing up to Kai while looking for an opening and planning his downfall. Winter's (Billie Lourd) character is sorely ...

5 Crazy Conspiracy Theories & Videos

Authors - Chris Keplinger, Jasen Keplinger (articles referenced from Wikipedia) 1. The Mandela Effect  Similar false memories are sometimes shared by multiple people.For example, a somewhat commonly reported false memory is that the name of the Berenstain Bears was once spelled Berenstein. Another reported example is the speech Sally Field gave accepting her second Oscar for her starring role in the 1984 drama Places in the Heart. Field's gushing acceptance speech is widely misremembered and has since been parodied as excessive. She said, "I haven't had an orthodox career, and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it—and I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!" Field was actually making a humorous reference to dialog from her role in Norma Rae, but many people missed the connection and have widely misquoted her as saying, "You like me! You really...