Skip to main content

Interview With Music Artist Sick Boy Slick




Make sure to check out all of our artist interviews at www.eprmuisc.com

1. Where are we talking from today?

A. Milledgeville, Ga

2. What would you like to accomplish in 2019?

A. I would like to promote my music more and widen the range of show performances.

3. What is your take on politics?

A. I will voice my opinion on politics, but I don't debate politics.

4. Where did you get your artist name from?

A. From a childhood nickname.

5. Growing up, how important has music been in your life? Can you recall the moment when you decided that you wanted to be a musician? Was it an easy or difficult choice to make?

A. I  have always been in love with music, no matter the genre. Music has always been my out. The moment I decided that I wanted to be a musician, I was sitting in In-school Suspension (ISS) and several guys were passing around a sheet of paper taking turns rapping the lyrics. I asked could I try. Their response was white guys don't rap. My first thought was I live in the same hood
ya'll live in, and my second thought was I'll prove them wrong. So I did. It was an easy choice to make because of my passion for music, and I felt I had something to prove.

6. Was there ever a time when you thought about doing something else? If you weren’t a musician today, what could you see yourself doing?

A. Music is a passion, but not my main source of income. I have always been realistic with myself about the odds of making it big in the music industry. By trade, I am an HVAC service tech. In my off time, I am an entertainer.

7. What has been the biggest surprise so far about making music your career? What has been an unexpected or welcome challenge to it all?

A. The challenge is wanting to be a full-time musician
and entertainer, but I have bills to pay and mouths to feed. The chance of being a mainstream artist doesn't come overnight.

8. Music-wise what are you working on right now? Are you currently promoting a single or album?

A. Right now I am currently working on a self-titled Sickboy Slick album with features from some of Georgia's hottest unsigned artists.

9. Who are some of your favorite artists or rather, what musicians have continued to inspire you and your music? Who would you still love to work with in the future?

A. T.I. is my favorite artist and has been a big inspiration to me. I would love to work with T.I., Rick Ross, Jay-Z, and Snoop Dog.

10. What has it been like keeping up with your social media accounts and all of the different platforms? Is it hard to stay up to date on it all? What would you say is your favorite way to connect with your fans now?

A. To be honest, I myself have been my biggest downfall on social
media not devoting enough time, not creating enough pages. I like to share my music on Facebook, Reverbnation, and YouTube. My favorite way to distribute my music is by performing at shows and handing out CDs personally. I am a hands-on kinda guy.

11. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island, what musical item would you take
with you and why?

A. A dictionary, pen, and paper because if I'm on a stranded island it means I got a lot of downtime. And in my downtime, I could grow lyrically by expanding my vocabulary. Pencil and paper are to capture the magic.

12. If your music was going to be featured on any TV show that is currently on right now, which would you love it to be on? Or if you prefer, what is a movie that you love that you wish your music was featured in?

A. I would like my music to be on any TV show that has anything to do with power, respect, and loyalty.

13. At the end of the day, what do you hope people take away from your music?

A. At the end of the day, I hope what people take away from my music is that the struggle is real. Educate and apply yourself in life to be the best you, because this world has many obstacles.

14. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?

A. Spending time with my kids and wife.

15. Where you @ online?

A. I am on Facebook, Reverbnation, and Youtube.



Make sure to check out all of our artist interviews at www.eprmuisc.com

Popular posts from this blog

Eminem "Revival" Album Review

The best and worst Eminem record I've ever heard.  Album Rating 3 out of 4.  Song Rating System 4 out of 4 - Really liked  3 out of 4 - Liked  2 out of 4 - Didn't like  1 out of 4 - No response  "Revival" is the ninth studio album by American rapper Eminem . The album was released on December 15th, 2017 through Aftermath Entertainment , Shady Records , and Interscope Records . ( Wikipedia )  1. Walk On Water ( feat. Beyonce ) - 4 out of 4 - Probably will go down as one of the most underrated of Eminem's hits. The song encompasses all of the talents and personalities of one of this generations greatest artist. Unlike some of his prior works, the song is not set on a grand stage but a simple piano-driven beat with raw, honest lyrics and a beautiful hook from Beyonce. 2. Believe - 2 out of 4 - It's interesting to hear Eminem switch it up and rap over more trap-like beats. Honestly, he does it better than most of the yo...

Opportunities

Visit us at www.entirelypr.com Access more tools by visiting our hub page at  https://sites.google.com/site/thehubopensite/ Below is a current list of opportunities available for artist on various platforms.  Music X Ray   Emotional Singer/songwriter songs for new TV series  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/25017/submissions/new Skateboarding Film Seeks Rock and Punk Rock Songs - Synch Payout $1,000  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/24887/submissions/new Music Supervisor looking for Urban/Soul/Hip Hop songs for Urban TV Network Ad Campaign  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/24710/submissions/new Music Gorilla  Blue Track Records an indie label is looking for artists to cover Nelsen Adelard's songs https://www.musicgorilla.com/mg/submission/details/blue-track-records-an-indie-label-is-looking-for-artists-to-cover-nelsen-adelards-songs WDMV RADIO IS LOOKING FOR YOUR MUSIC https://www.musicgorilla.com/mg/subm...

American Horror Story Cult Finale Blog

Written by Jasen Keplinger American Horror Story fans were either really happy or really disappointed with the season finale of AHS Cult. I personally enjoyed the finale and thought each character's story was wrapped up well. So let's explore the finale, dissect the plots and analyze their meanings. This finale was reminiscent of AHS Asylum's finale in the sense that time jumps forward and backward to explain the denouement of Kai (Evan Peters) while also bringing justice to each of the other characters. We start with Kai being in prison at the beginning of the episode. Right away we know his political plans were foiled, but how and why? We see Kai still has a following in prison including other inmates, as well as guards. Then we are sent into the past where Kai is still free and pursuing his lofty goals. Ally (Sarah Paulson) is still playing up to Kai while looking for an opening and planning his downfall. Winter's (Billie Lourd) character is sorely ...