Skip to main content

Entirely PR Interview With Artist Ilana Herst



1. Where are we talking from today?

A. I’m living in Brooklyn, New York. 

2. What would you like to accomplish in 2019?

A. I would love to get a record deal and potentially move to Nashville to pursue my music. 

3. What is your take on politics?

A. Politically I identify myself as a liberal.

4. Where did you get your artist's name from?

A. It’s my given name, I decided not to change it and instead go with what’s simpler.

5. Growing up, how important has music been in your life? Can you recall the moment when you decided that you wanted to be a musician? Was it an easy or difficult choice to make?

A. Music has been one of the most important things in my life. I had a difficult childhood, but the music was always there for me and it was something I could constantly turn to and depend on. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced a specific moment when I decided to be a musician, music is just a part of who I am. Whether or not I’m pursuing it as a career or just playing guitar alone in my apartment, I’m a musician just the same. It can be hard to stay motivated sometimes, but I would be writing songs regardless of whether or not the world was listening simply because I love it. 

6. Was there ever a time when you thought about doing something else? If you weren’t a musician today, what could you see yourself doing?

A. I’ve never been a career person, I never saw myself settling into one profession. If I wasn’t a musician, then I would probably be lost. 

7. What has been the biggest surprise so far about making music your career? What has been an unexpected or welcome challenge to it all?

A. The biggest surprise so far has been how many people I’ve had the opportunity to connect with through music. This can be through meeting strangers while I’m busking in the subways, through talking with audience members after playing a gig, or through jamming with friends just for fun. An unexpected challenge is finding the motivation to continuously put myself and my music out there. It’s easy to write and play songs alone in my apartment, but the only way to grow and develop as an artist and as a person is to reach outside of our comfort zones. 

8. What was it like putting together your EP?

A. Recording my EP was an incredible experience. Working in the studio with such talented and kind people has been the highlight of my music career so far. Writing and composing songs is my favorite part of being a musician, so getting to do that in a professional environment was a really special experience for me that I’ll always be grateful for. 

9. Who are some of your favorite artists or rather, what musicians have continued to inspire you and your music? Who would you still love to work with in the future?

A. My favorite artists include James Taylor, Jackson Browne, Carole King, Gregory Alan Isakov, John Moreland, Kacey Musgraves, Cam, Ruston Kelly… mostly anyone with a strong acoustic, folk or pop sound and thought-provoking lyrics. It would be amazing to work with Kacey Musgraves in the future, I think that her writing and her vocals are incredible. 

10. What has it been like keeping up with your social media accounts and all of the different platforms? Is it hard to stay up to date on it all? What would you say is your favorite way to connect with your fans now?

A. Keeping up with social media is a little harder for me because I’m a bit of an introvert. But I also understand that to gain a following, it’s important to let people know what you’re up to. My favorite way to connect with fans is through Instagram, I find that I can reach the most people on that platform. 

11. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island, what musical item would you take with you and why?

A. I would take my guitar with me. I can’t get through a day without playing the guitar, so it would be a must. 

12. If your music was going to be featured on any TV show that is currently on right now, which would you love it to be on? Or if you prefer, what is a movie that you love that you wish your music was featured in?

A. The only TV show I watch is The Office, and I’m not sure if my music fits that genre :) But if my music could be featured in a movie, I think I would choose Little Women. It’s one of my favorites and the rest of the soundtrack is already amazing, so it would mean a lot to have my songs alongside those.

13. At the end of the day, what do you hope people take away from your music?

A. I hope people take away the feeling of being less alone. I try to write my songs with honesty, no matter how upfront the emotions may be. If anyone listening feels like I captured some semblance of how they’re feeling and feels comforted by that in itself - that’s the goal. 

14. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?

A. Outside of writing songs, I like taking long walks, reading books, learning, spending time in nature… basic activities you would expect of a songwriter :) 


Popular posts from this blog

Opportunities

Visit us at www.entirelypr.com Access more tools by visiting our hub page at  https://sites.google.com/site/thehubopensite/ Below is a current list of opportunities available for artist on various platforms.  Music X Ray   Emotional Singer/songwriter songs for new TV series  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/25017/submissions/new Skateboarding Film Seeks Rock and Punk Rock Songs - Synch Payout $1,000  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/24887/submissions/new Music Supervisor looking for Urban/Soul/Hip Hop songs for Urban TV Network Ad Campaign  https://www.musicxray.com/interactions/24710/submissions/new Music Gorilla  Blue Track Records an indie label is looking for artists to cover Nelsen Adelard's songs https://www.musicgorilla.com/mg/submission/details/blue-track-records-an-indie-label-is-looking-for-artists-to-cover-nelsen-adelards-songs WDMV RADIO IS LOOKING FOR YOUR MUSIC https://www.musicgorilla.com/mg/subm...

Eminem "Revival" Album Review

The best and worst Eminem record I've ever heard.  Album Rating 3 out of 4.  Song Rating System 4 out of 4 - Really liked  3 out of 4 - Liked  2 out of 4 - Didn't like  1 out of 4 - No response  "Revival" is the ninth studio album by American rapper Eminem . The album was released on December 15th, 2017 through Aftermath Entertainment , Shady Records , and Interscope Records . ( Wikipedia )  1. Walk On Water ( feat. Beyonce ) - 4 out of 4 - Probably will go down as one of the most underrated of Eminem's hits. The song encompasses all of the talents and personalities of one of this generations greatest artist. Unlike some of his prior works, the song is not set on a grand stage but a simple piano-driven beat with raw, honest lyrics and a beautiful hook from Beyonce. 2. Believe - 2 out of 4 - It's interesting to hear Eminem switch it up and rap over more trap-like beats. Honestly, he does it better than most of the yo...

American Horror Story Cult Finale Blog

Written by Jasen Keplinger American Horror Story fans were either really happy or really disappointed with the season finale of AHS Cult. I personally enjoyed the finale and thought each character's story was wrapped up well. So let's explore the finale, dissect the plots and analyze their meanings. This finale was reminiscent of AHS Asylum's finale in the sense that time jumps forward and backward to explain the denouement of Kai (Evan Peters) while also bringing justice to each of the other characters. We start with Kai being in prison at the beginning of the episode. Right away we know his political plans were foiled, but how and why? We see Kai still has a following in prison including other inmates, as well as guards. Then we are sent into the past where Kai is still free and pursuing his lofty goals. Ally (Sarah Paulson) is still playing up to Kai while looking for an opening and planning his downfall. Winter's (Billie Lourd) character is sorely ...